Not too big, not too small, but juuuuuust right.

An incident shared:

Colleague: Any particular reason why you're looking to leave? 


Jobseeker: I'd like to move onto a bigger firm. The current one I'm in is too small. 


 Colleague: I have an opportunity with XXX (established property development company). Would you be interested? 


Jobseeker: Oh. That company is too big. I don't think I will be interested. 


Colleague: ...


*~*~*

Following last year's blog post on how I can't seem to understand job-seekers' mindset, here is yet another case that truly puzzled us on the mentality behind job-seekers.

 As one of my friends have responded:

Not too big, not too small, but juuuuuuuuust right 

Uh huh... Coming to you soon:

Goldilocks Staffing Consultancy 
 - Dedicated to finding opportunities that are juuuuuuuuuuuuust right. 

Rant aside, some jobseekers want bigger company, with bigger package, bigger basic salary, bigger responsibilities, we give them one.

Instead, they'd like to take the bigger package, bigger basic salary, but not the bigger company and/or bigger responsibilities.

On certain days in this job, I feel like I'm working in a food-stall.

"Aunty ah! I wan one wanton mee, extra wantons, got discount?"

"Alo ah! I wan one job, extra money, little responsibility!"

I'm not sure if I should feel sad/depressed that this is a growing mentality among job-seekers, particularly those who wants lovely bank-like paycheck, but not the heat that comes with that money.

And one would think the concept of 'no free lunch' should be instilled in all of us.

Signing off
Adeline
From the Desk of the Recruiter

Copyright © 2009 From the Desk of a Recruiter All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.